Tis the season of love, tingly feelings and romance. I adore this time of year, people being all mushy gushy with feelings, open hearts and public displays of affection. I mean, seriously, is there anything cuter than a couple holding hands walking in the snow and not feeling the cold. It doesn’t matter if you are in love with yourself, a partner, your family, your friends or even your pet – sing it from the rooftops during this time of year. It’s OK!
“BEING IN LOVE IS AN AMAZING THING; BUT BEING IN LOVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND IS EVERYTHING!”
There seems to be a lot of gift giving this time of year, but celebrating your love for another doesn’t mean you have to spend all your savings. There are many ways you can show you care … I’ve listed some of my ideas below that you can totally steal and take credit for on Valentine’s Day:
- Breakfast in bed or meet for breakfast somewhere instead of dinner
- Send her a sexy text message or tantalizing voicemail
- Have a romantic Valentine’s Day picnic on the floor. Use some candles and lay a soft blanket on the floor. Put on some soft music and white Christmas lights for additional romantic lighting
- Share a warm bath with scented oil or bubble bath
- Together write your love story – how you met and fell in love. Don’t forget “lived happily ever after”
- Hide post it notes around the house with cute little sentiments
- Mail a love letter to his office so it arrives on Valentine’s Day
- Use lipstick to make hearts and XO’s on the rear view mirror or bathroom mirror. Leave a kiss on his napkin for lunch or dinner
- Do something together, go skating or tobogganing – its fun, seriously!
- Break out his favourite board game, puzzle or video game