The bathroom is the second most popular room in the house to remodel, after kitchens.
The master bath takes center stage. 60% of homeowners who are renovating their bathrooms are renovating their master bathrooms, with 61% choosing to start from scratch after gutting the existing room.
Who needs a bathtub?
The older the homeowner, the more likely they are to skip a bathtub in master and other full bathrooms.
• 59% of homeowners aged 65+ plan to skip a tub in the master or other full bath.
• 36% of 25 to 34 year olds plan to skip it in the master.
• 39% of 25 to 34 year olds plan to skip it in another full bathroom.
Top 3 types of tubs for bath lovers:
1. Freestanding tub
2. Drop-in tub
3. Spa or jetted tub
One sink or two?
- 91% of homeowners are replacing their master bathroom sink.
- 45% of homeowners aged 25 to 44 are installing two sinks
- 58% of homeowners aged 45+ are installing two sinks.
Glass rules the master bath.
• 79% of homeowners prefer glass shower doors over a shower curtain.
• 91% of homeowners are installing high-efficiency toilets.
White cabinets are the top choice for renovations. However, dark and medium wood tones are also popular.
The top 3 wood choices: